- atlas mountains
- Day Trip From Marrakech
- Marrakech Desert tours
- Sahara Desert Tours
- Trips & Excursions
Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip – Marrakech to Agafay Desert
Tables Of Contents
- 1 Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip – Marrakech to Agafay Desert
- 1.1 Agafay Desert tours – Marrakech to Agafay Desert
- 1.2 Agafay desert day trip from marrakech – key detail :
- 1.3 Agafay Desert and Atlas Mountains Day Trip Highlights:
- 1.4 Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip
- 1.5 Agafay Desert Day Trip – Not Included:
- 1.6 Agafay desert activities – itinerary:
- 1.7 Good To Know About Agafay Desert Tours:
Agafay Desert tours – Marrakech to Agafay Desert
The Morocco Agafay Desert is located 30 kilometers south of Marrakech city and extends over several hundred hectares. This rocky desert can be compared to a sand desert. Indeed, its white dunes rise up and the landscape resembles the dunes of the Morocco Sahara. In the middle of the desert is a surprising oasis, a haven of peace and tranquility, where fauna and flora can easily develop. In this paradise, frogs and turtles live peacefully in the wadis, surrounded by water and rocks. Lost in the dunes are still some Berber villages that continue to exist in this austere but sublime nature, A Morocco short trip will not allow you to enjoy the high point of visiting the Sahara Desert. But the feeling of life there is reproduced a little in the Agafay desert, This Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip offers you a relaxing day in the rocky desert with a magnificent view of the snow-covered mountains of the High Atlas and Enjoy A Launch in Lake Takerkoust Marrakesch. And even better, you will get an idea of the local Berber life in the Berber villages.
During the Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip, you will have the chance to explore the amazing landscapes of the rock desert, between Lake Lalla Takerkoust, south of the High Atlas Mountains. During our Marrakech To Agafay Desert, you will explore the unspoiled nature of an area of desert and debris. The landscape of the Agafay Desert is covered with wheat, barley, and flowers, but in summer and autumn, it looks like a real desert with flowing dunes and, as a bonus, majestic snow-covered High Atlas mountains in the background. In spring, Agafay offers wildflowers among flora and fauna that make it a wonderful panoramic desert experience.
The Agafay desert is quite bland compared to the more popular sahara desert experience at Erg Chebbi sahara dunes or Erg Chigaga desert but you need a minimum of 3 days and 2 nights for that trip.
Agafay desert day trip from marrakech – key detail :
- Duration: one day in agafay desert
- Departure: Around 9H00 in the morning
- Starting Location: Marrakech
- Ending Location: Marrakech
Agafay Desert and Atlas Mountains Day Trip Highlights:
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch in a Berber House
- Meet local people and learn about their lives.
- Visit a real Berber house
- wonderful drive from Marrakech to Agafay Desert
- trekking like nomads in a blue turban
- Taking amazing photos of your camels with the sunset as a backdrop
- Visiting Berber villages
- the High Atlas Mountains Driving
Marrakech Agafay Desert Day Trip
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- A camel ride for an hour to an hour and a half
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Mint tea and biscuits in the desert of Agafay
- Lunch in a Berber House
- Free time to explore the sites, Breaks for photos,..Etc
- Customized & Flexible stops
- The possibility to ask the driver to stop for breaks or visits whenever you wish
Agafay Desert Day Trip – Not Included:
Agafay desert activities – itinerary:
You have a limited time in Marrakech city and cannot go to the Sahara sand dunes of southern Morocco. But you can always make a small alternative trip to the “desert of Marrakech”, Agafay, for an impression of emptiness and silence in the desert. You can pick up your vehicle at your hotel/car at 9 o’clock in the morning and drive to Agafay, less than an hour away.
Agafay Desert Day Trip from Marrakech
the day trip from Marrakech to the Agafay Desert will allow you to enjoy the tranquility of the countryside, Lake Takerkoust, and the Agafay Desert. The itinerary is shaded by lush vegetation, olive, and orange orchards and passes through the occasional village of Ait Imour from where we will leave the road and cross a completely different landscape of stone desert, light brown arid plateaus, Bedouin villages, oases, and then high hills with panoramic views of the High Atlas. A few hours later, small spots of green will start to appear and soon after, you will be back on the asphalt road lined with old eucalyptus trees. You will arrive at the edge of the lake Lalla Takerkoust built like a dam where Marrakech draws its electricity. Through small hills along the dam, you will reach the valley of Nfis by passing through Berber villages and arriving at a Berber family house. You can visit the house and have lunch inside. After lunch, you will have the possibility to make a 2 hours hike with Saida or Hamid and to climb for one hour to visit one of the oldest villages at the foot of the largest forest in the Atlas. After visiting the traditional olive press, you will descend between olive trees and terraced fields to the only house next to the river Nfis, from where you will continue your journey to Ouiragan through the forest and traditional salt pools before arriving in Asni, a small town (market on Saturdays) overlooking the Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa. You will then pass through the gorges of Moulay Brahim, the Ghighaya valley, and Tahanouete before arriving in Marrakech.
Good To Know About Agafay Desert Tours:
- This day trip from Marrakech to Agafay Desert can be customized to fit your individual interests
- Agafay is a rocky sand-stone dry ground. To go to the Sahara Desert with the high sand dunes, you need at least three days to go to Merzouga or Erg Chigaga dunes
- This Agafay day trip is free of hidden costs, cheap tourists’ traps, or forced shopping
Agafay day trip Possible Extras:
Camel ride, Quad Biking, Buggy..
Day Trip From Marrakech To Agafay Desert – Pricing:
|Number of People||Price|
|2 – 3 Pax||75€ per person|
|4 – 6 Pax||60€ per person|
|6 – 8 Pax||50€ per person|
Important Note: Our proposal MARRAKECH TOURS And agafay desert day tour from marrakech can be modified and designed according to your requirements and needs, so feel free to contact us.
The price depends on the number of Peoples and the Type Of tours you want.
Please Contact US For More Information ,thank you
Paid Upon Your Arrival Cash
We require a 20% deposit of the total tour cost to guarantee your tour. Booking deposits can be paid using a credit card via PayPal, or via Western Union. Once you have paid the booking deposit, you’ll receive a booking confirmation via email. The remaining amount will be paid upon your arrival or cash (Dirhams, USD, Euros or Pounds). All the bookings are guaranteed after we receive the deposit receipt